28.10.09

DAS BOYFRIEND

I recently conducted a photo shoot for an up-and-coming theatre collective who now go by the name Das Boyfriend. I have witnessed them individually on stage during my university career a number times in various performances, & their talents have impressed me to the extent where I cannot even comprehend how they can adopt such demanding character personas yet execute them so convincingly & with such style and panache. This says a lot about their own characters in my opinion and I was pretty honoured to be asked to shoot them as I have a sneaky suspicion their work as a theatre company will be really exciting to witness and generally successful!

Obviously they chose the shots they wanted from an album I produced for them, however I would like to use this post to showcase my particular pick of the set. I tried a whole range of ideas and set-ups to see what atmosphere I could create/promotional images I could compose & ended with some traditional head shots, taken using the back of a white truck no less. The whole experience was bags of fun and I want to do many more!















Join their FACEBOOK GROUP with respective links to their blog and website under construction...