15.12.09

Kigu Playpen

As a natural progression from my family portraits, I am now starting to mix things up. I plan to maintain my composition style that includes loaded, set-up portraits, often encompassing large amounts of spatial noise. However, from this point on, including more then one person in the shot and reaching further into my relationships then just close family. So I'm starting with my friends and housemates to see what I can find and curate any affects they exert into my portfolio.

These shots of my housemates were taken last night, & although they have been composed carefully by me (with the aid of a very glamourous assistant, who shall we say is taller then the average bear) for the purposes of framing and reflecting etc, they are essentially in a genuine state of relaxation. This is what they do after a hard days graft... The Kigus (animal fleece suits) are comfy and damn warm. The annihilation of online warfare opponents is egotistically rewarding & I toyed with reflections in the screen in an attempt to instil said point. The environment of a well spec'd media-playpen is also an ideal retreat for any person to regress to an age where things were simple and stresses were sparse.
What's not to enjoy?