17.1.10

Mr. Dean...



Dean is my Uncle, brother to my Dad and of course son of the infamous Don Bennito. He has lead a hard-working, relatively linear lifestyle for the most part but is soon to be married to the love of his life, Lynn. Since his relationship began to flourish I've observed a shift in his priorities. Being partially deaf he has had his fair share of challenges in life to say the least. However it seems he's finally being offered some of the best things life has to offer us. The couple have bought a new home out right, with years of savings and now have the prospect of many happy years in each others company. He's a softie at heart, like the rest of us Goodman blokes.

As background to the setting of my portrait of my uncle; My late Grandmother, Patricia (Dean's mum), was one of the most graceful and elegant woman i've ever had the pleasure of knowing. Her timeless style & taste for only the finest things in life combined with the adoration she had for her family, are now embodied in a form of shrine. It includes her unique passion for Siamese cats, displaying an array of ornate figurines and collectables that symbolise her tastes. I have to say that neither one of us would like to see this furniture nor its set up, disturbed. I guess you could say us Goodmans will always be proud to be in its presence... Put frankly, its a symbol of solidarity and love and we are steadfast proud.

Enjoy.