10.4.09

Flash Fun

Every now and again I experiment with little pieces of equipment that can produce weird and wonderful effects in my images. This time I decided to bring a radio triggered Speedlite into the frame...


What resulted was total bleaching of anything with in its immediate vicinity. Usually that's a bum deal, but this time it was a right result. When my model decided he would 'drink from the fountain of light' and perform accordingly (above), his identity was literally bleached away leaving an almost fantastical aesthetic. MAGIC if you will!?

The following is a more voyeuristic perspective for the said phenomenon... 


One final experiment was inspired by the 'Danger! High Voltage!' music video by Electric Six. If you've seen the video you'll understand, if you haven't you may have to just put it down to a childish boy humour. I think it produces an interesting effect, even if it is just a flashgun down a pair of trousers. "IT'S MY DESIRE... IT'S MY DESIRE"