9.4.09

Goldsmiths Photography,


I am now in my second year of Goldsmithian photography tuition, however would like to present the final selection for my first terms project...










The idea behind my first set of studio-based portraits, was to capture a moment of my friends' lives where by their expressions would come with no attached facade. A total lack of self awareness. 

There maybe only 8 final shots, but I can assure you many films were wasted trying to establish a moment in time that didn't involve an element of performance. Shooting until comfortable and oblivious was the name of the game.

The scanning of my resin prints resulted in a washed out, dusty aesthetic of the portraits when digitalized. Some say this adds to their appeal, but I remain unconvinced as I own the originals.