14.11.09

Humunga-dunga


It speaks for itself. My camera faced a barrage of 100mph salty sea spray, & so did my face. It was epic to view and epically hard to stay on my feet to capture. All in all an exhilarating morning on the southeast coast with a pretty mega result.... Excuse moisture on the Lens and excuse unorthodox exposures, they are mistakes that were a result of my childish excitement.


For readers who are sitting there remarking to themselves, 'don't look like much of a threat from down there', let me reassure you that after the shot is taken it blows up and out into a plume of viscous spray that you can't hide from until you're drenched. The final image in this post is mainly spray, and gives you a feel for the magnitude of this wall that is projected at you at 100mph.
A photograph tames the forces in a still snapshot.