8.11.09

Pre-Mixmag Firework Fun.



Just before I ventured out on what was to become THE best DJ set to ever grace my ears, boasting an absolutely phenomenal combination of electronic music talent and fresh beats down at the Mixmag tour with Zane Lowe and MANY others... My family hosted a small firework display. The unprecedented, pain riddled, onslaught of bass, in the end completely over shadowed this little get together, however I find myself now working through my awful awful hangover with a few smiles coaxed from the photos I took of what went on before I initiated: Operation Destroy All Bodily Organs.





I don't know if you have ever tried to take pictures of fireworks before? But it's ludicrously hard. They are effectively light bombs with no real way of predicting what they will do, on top of which you can't meter for the light intensity, as before they go off, it's pitch black and your camera is very upset with you. So what either happens is, you get a sharp streaks of light and absolutely NO background... Or, such a long exposure that so much light comes pouring through your lens, you cannot even tell what's going on and there is no structure or shape visible. Still never mind ey, this was my attempt. The cliche sparkler shots were fun to make & the Roman candels produced some pretty sick extra-terrestrail effects at the very least.




He IS the big boss as well lulz.